SUNDAY MAY 5th 2013


The Format
Long before Nate Reuss was the lead singer of "fun," he was in a lesser known band called The Format. Like most musicians, he didn't hit it big the first time. Reuss definitely paid his dues and was in a number of bands before he reached star status. I did want to share their music, mainly because it's one of my favorite CDs. I actually listened to this CD while traveling cross-country for the first time. It's funny how your memory can be jogged by a specific album you were obsessed with at the time. I listened to The Format and The Promise Ring (both defunct bands now) the entire way there and it reminds me of how excited I felt to be packing my little Honda Civic and jetting out into the unknown that is California. Now that we have our Ipods, I feel we customize everything, buying each song individually. The wonderful thing about albums is that you tend to enjoy the songs you get to discover, not the songs you bought the album for.